What is Hot Stone Massage?
Hot Stone Massage is a truly relaxing and calming therapy. Originating from ancient Swedish massage techniques, it enhances the treatment by using smooth, hot stones that are believed to better open up your body’s energy pathways.
The stones are placed over a towel to buffer the heat while your therapist massages around them. Oils may be used and the stones are gently moved over your body and alternated to encourage deep tissue manipulation.
What can a Hot Stone Massage be used for?
There are a number of reasons to choose a Hot Stone Massage:
- reduces overall stress and anxiety
- increases energy levels and mental clarity
- alleviates muscular tension and stiffness
- increases mobility and flexibility
- encourages better circulation and deeper, more efficient breathing
- improves skin elasticity
- aids the lymphatic system
- improves circulation, regulating the flow of fluid throughout the entire body
- enhances the functional quality of muscle tissue
- promotes general relaxation
What are the benefits of a Hot Stone Massage?
A Hot Stone Massage can help relax the body’s muscles and soft tissues by reducing pain, improving circulation and eliminating the body of toxins. It can also decrease stress, promote calmness and increase relaxation.
For some people a Hot Stone Massage leaves them with a new sense of enlightenment and renewed spirituality. It’s a unique, sensory experience for total inner peace and outer balance.
Who is a Hot Stone Massage good for?
Adults of all ages can benefit from a Hot Stone Massage. The treatment is particularly good if you sit or stand for long periods of time or if you suffer from a repetitive strain injury.
It’s ideal for athletes or those simply wanting to melt away life’s stresses.