What is Holistic Massage?
The term ‘holistic’ comes from the Greek word ‘holos’ meaning whole. The holistic approach aims to restore balance within the body, taking into account the person’s whole being not just their physical symptoms or ailments.
Massage therapy is an ancient form of healing, used for thousands of years. Holistic Massage combines a therapeutic and nurturing process of touch and response with each treatment adapted to the client’s unique needs, physical characteristics and personality.
What can Holistic Massage be used for?
There are a number of reasons to choose Holistic Massage:
- relieve tension and relax tight, sore muscles
- improve skin and muscle tone
- encourage better circulation
- awareness of body and breathing to improve posture
- relieve stiff joints
- promote relaxation, thus reducing the effects of stress and anxiety
- inducing a deeper sleep
- aiding digestion
- increase energy by invigorating all the body systems, therefore reducing fatigue
What are the benefits of Holistic Massage?
Holistic Massage is a person centred treatment guided by principles of sensitivity, awareness and quality of touch. This enables the therapist to work with clients, applying techniques and skills in an appropriate manner. Massage speeds up the natural healing processes of the body, calming the mind and settling emotions.
Who is Holistic Massage good for?
Holistic Massage in a safe and balancing treatment for almost everyone.